It is often said that “first impression is the best impression”. Hence it is important to make good impression on others. in the corporate world many careers are saved and lost on the impression that you create in the minds of others. Follow the following things and make good impression on others.
- Stand straight, make eye contact, genuinely smile
- While meeting someone for the first time, shake hands palm to palm with a gentle firmness
- Be alert
- Show kindness and courtesy
- Small chatter essential, it shows all part of the same team
- While going for coffee or tea, offer to bring one for your colleague too
- Take instructions with grace, give instructions gracefully
- Be polite to hired help like peons, drivers, delivery boys etc.
- Learn names and learn them quickly
- Don’t judge others, that is not your job
- Self assess
- Respect people’s personal space
Etiquette is socially acceptable behaviour. The conduct or procedure prescribed by authority to be observed in social or official life. It is generally the practices and forms prescribed by social convention or by authority.
As an extension, when we are studying in an educational institution or while we are working in a company or when we are sending a mail to someone or when we are communicating with someone, we are expected to behave in a certain way.
In this blog you will find all answers for your questions on etiquette. If you are a student who aspires to enter the corporate world, or you are professional who is already working in a corporate scenario, or you are someone who wants to improve yourself as a person, this blog will be your place to find all information on etiquette.
Read this blog, share it with your friends, ask your questions on etiquette and be a better professional, a better person.