In the previous post we mentioned about the importance of respecting the personal space of others in the a office. In this post we will see what are the things that are to be kept in mind while working in a corporate environment vis-a-vis other’s personal space and privacy.
- Seek permission before visiting a colleague
- Respect privacy of others, resist urge to eavesdrop
- No borrowing or lending – you are not school kids
- Keep your desks locked when away
- Use non verbal signs to politely get rid of ‘intruders’
- Loud cell phone users intrude personal space
- In India, generally more space is maintained between men and women, less between members of the same gender